Newly engaged? Our bridal checklist will help you plan the perfect wedding
Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:53:11 GMT
Every couple is different and you don't necessarily have to follow the norm but our top ten tips should offer guidance on how to prepare and budget.
1. Book your wedding venue and date: This is probably one of the most crucial decisions. Research a number of venues in your dream locations and make appointments to view the venue. Do not rely on internet reviews alone. Once you have made your choice, the rest will flow naturally.
2. Think about the type of ceremony you would like: Will you be opting for a religious ceremony in front of friends and family or an intimate sharing of vows? Discuss what is important to you as a couple.
3. Wedding dress: Don't let this be stressful. Enjoy gathering images on social media sites such as Pinterest or stick your favourite styles into a book along with notes on aspects of each dress. Have fun making appointments to try-on an array of different designs and dare to try dresses which you think may not suit you too, you may be surprised!
4. Pick your bridesmaids and grooms party: Don't select your bridal party on who shouts loudest. Your bridesmaids and groomsmen will play an important role by supporting you in the lead up to the wedding and throughout your married life.
5. Save the date: Often couples choose to send out a ‘save the date' card, fridge magnet, postcard etc, especially if the chosen wedding date falls at busy times such as summer holidays or Christmas. If you have a theme for your wedding, try introducing it through the ‘save the date' to build excitement.
6. Add some personality to your Entertainment: While your day is primarily about the love you share, put time into thinking about your guests too. Would you like to get people dancing by hiring a band or if you need to cater for younger guests you may want to consider something interactive like lawn games? Perhaps you would like to make the most of the venue and setting instead. At Lakeside Hotel we can help to organise a stunning Lake cruise with canapés and champagne, breaking up the day and providing a show-stopping experience.
7. Decoration, cake and catering: How you choose to decorate the venue is entirely down to your capabilities and budget. Creative brides will plan on decorating the venue themselves while others will speak with florists and chair cover suppliers to gain professional guidance. You will also need to look at how to feed and water your guests. Not sure where to start? Try asking whether your venue has a list of preferred suppliers to save time and make it work to your budget.
8. Photography: Taking the time to decide on which photographer is best for you will bring positive results. Don't be fearful about booking discussions with a handful of photographers. Remember, you will be spending a good deal of time with your photographer on your big day and you'll want to be proud of your wedding album for years to come.
9. Pre-pamper: Make sure you put yourself first. Whether you want some quality time with your bridesmaids or precious moments with your partner a few days before the wedding, think of how to escape and pamper yourself. At the Lakeside we offer a dedicated bridal pamper package to sooth nerves and get you feeling good on the inside and out. To find out more contact our spa team today.
10. Wedding insurance: There are various packages available and the cost will depend on your requirements but covering your event for every eventuality gives peace of mind at what can be a stressful time.
To speak to our experienced wedding advisor or to discover more about Lakeside Hotel please call 015395 30001 or email Rhianne.Foster@LakesideHotel.co.uk