Our oak panelled room offers a very traditional Lake District venue. The Oak Room overlooks the lake and is the most popular place to stage your wedding ceremony…with just a few guests or as many as 30.
Your Intimate Ceremony by the Lake
Picture your wedding in the traditional surroundings of a 17th century coaching inn, with its original oak panelling, open fire and stained glass windows, while saying your vows overlooking the breath-taking view of Lake Windermere.
A drinks reception by the water’s edge will follow, either on our Lakeside lawn or in our conservatory if weather permits. Relax and enjoy time with your guests; maybe take advantage of our hotel’s unique lake-front location and experience a cruise together whilst our professional team prepare for your wedding breakfast.
A dedicated wedding event manager will guide you through your wedding plans and throughout your wedding day including toastmaster duties.
For your drinks reception:
- Enjoy a glass of Champagne and canapés
- Your choice of a four course menu from our two-rosette wedding breakfast options with Columbian coffee & petit fours
- Two glasses of wine with your wedding breakfast
- A glass of Champagne for your toast
- Arrangements of fresh flowers on every table
- Use of a silver cake stand and knife
- Wedding stationary – a seating plan for guests to view, with name cards and menus for every table
- Red carpet for your civil ceremony or wedding arrival
- Use of the gardens and lake views for your perfect wedding photographs
- Table linen and napkins, choice of white or ivory