Our policy is committed to being fair, lawful and transparent; with protecting your data being at the forefront.
Our data protection policy may be updated periodically, and we would advise you revisit our website to see any additional changes. This page was last updated on 20th November 2017.
What information do we collect?
- Your full name
- Personal contact information, including your email address and telephone number
- Your address and postcode for demographical purposes
- Your company name and job position
- Your preferences & interests in our hotel
What do we do with your information?
- As part of collecting direct marketing consent; we strictly prohibit the use of; pre-ticked boxes, opt-out only forms, bundled in competitions with mandatory consent or part of our standard terms & conditions.
- We only collect your information via our voluntary explicit opt-in form on our website, or via means of soft opt-in once you have purchased one of our gifts or services at the hotel.
- We will only use your information for direct marketing; whereby we will send you adhoc promotional emails about new products or services, special offers and newsletters.
- We adhere not to sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other parties.
- We will keep your data for a maximum of three years on our email service provider and after then retire the information to our reservation database, whereby it will be stored indefinitely as a previous customer, unless requested to be erased.
- We are committed to ensuring your data is stored securely, and as such have suitable physical, electronic and managerial processes in place to safeguard the information.
How will we keep your information?
- We will only collect necessary and adequate data to our marketing purposes; avoiding unnecessary and excessive amounts of data collection.
- We aim to keep your data accurate and up to date as possible to the best of our knowledge.
- We will only share your information with our data processor organisation, Mailchimp, and no other third parties, unless strictly stated otherwise.
- We only use your information for hotel purposes; which are not dissimilar to those circumstances in which you will already consented to.
- You may, at any time, object to being on our direct marketing mailing list, and can request to be removed and/or erased from our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our marketing email footers.
- If you believe any of the data we hold may be inaccurate or incomplete, please let us know the relevant details on the contact details below and we will rectify it for you in a timely manner.
- We aim to be completely transparent; and as such you may request by law any information we hold about you through a ‘Subject Access Request’, if you would like a copy of the information held then please write to us at Lakeside Hotel, Newby Bridge, Lake Windermere, LA12 8AT or email us at email@example.com.
We are required to tell you by law, that our website utilises tracking features called ‘cookies’ in which collect information from visitors on our website which captures how people use the website.
Additional third parties such as google or social media website which features on our website, may use additional cookies, however please note they are not responsible for the usage of these features. You can restrict or remove cookies at any time by the settings within your individual browser.
The website may contain a range of external links and references to other websites, outside the remit of Lakeside Hotel. Please be aware that when browsing away from our website, we have no control over these websites or adhere to our own Privacy Standards.